Welcome to Active-Insights.com
The Beneficiary Book Interactive E-Book
America's #1 Family Information Organizer
"It's not enough to have lived. We should be determined to live for something. May I suggest that it be creating joy for others, sharing what we have for the betterment of personkind, bringing hope to the lost and love to the lonely."
- Leo F. Buscaglia (1924-1998)
Books & Publications
- Estate Planning Smarts by lawyer and Forbes Senior Editor Deborah L. Jacobs applies to everyone, whether or not they need to be concerned about estate taxes. For example, there are chapters on planning for our own mental decline, providing for loved ones, minimizing the income taxes that eat away at retirement accounts, and hiring a lawyer. More information about this very useful guide is available at: http://estateplanningsmarts.com. You can follow Deborah's Forbes blog posts and magazine articles at http://www.forbes.com/deborahjacobs/blog.
- Eldercare for Dummies by Dr. Rachelle Zukerman is a must for those who face caring for an aging loved one. The easy-to-understand book guides you through assessing the current needs of the senior, choosing and arranging for appropriate care, ensuring safety, and helping to maintain happiness and quality of life. Available at Amazon.com.
- The Wall Street Journal Complete Estate Planning Guidebook by Rachel Emma Silverman, Wall Street Journal reporter, is loaded with easy-to-understand yet comprehensive advice on how to get the most out of the estate planning tools - including wills, trusts, life insurance, guardianship papers, and powers-of-attorney documents. This user-friendly guide promises to help make your estate-planning process simple and unintimidating. Available at Amazon.com. Also visit Rachel's Wall Street Journal work and family blog at: www.thejuggle.com.
- The 10 Commandments of Money: Survive and Thrive in the New Economy and Your Credit Score by Liz Weston are among several must-read national best-sellers by the "most-read" personal finance columnist on the Internet. Liz's books are available at Amazon.com. Look for her twice weekly columns at MSN's Money Central and visit Liz's Web site: Amazon.com.
- The Executor's Handbook by Theodore E. Hughes and David Klein provides you with a clear plan of action when administering an estate. This guide includes a step-by-step checklist of what you need to do to fulfill your role as executor or administrator; provides guidance on when you have to complete each task; and a comprehensive manual with simple written instructions on how to complete each task. Available at: Amazon.com.
- The Gift of Answers® Workshops: Do you think seminars or workshops are more work than reward? Do you find it hard to find qualified prospects, to fill the room, get follow-up appointments or find the time and resources to do them right? How about a workshop that brings referrals to you? Ed Howat, Jr., CLU, ChFC, LUTCF, RCC has been a sales trainer and coach for the past 14 years. His primary focus is coaching financial advisors and sales managers. Ed Howat's Gift of Answers Workshop is a better way to attract new clients and provide valuable information to existing clients. More info: http://www.thegiftofanswers.com